Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

13 Weeks

I am going to do my best with these weekly updates, but sometimes we take the pictures towards the end of the week which means I'm actually into the next week before it's posted.  For example, I'm currently 14 weeks, 1 day but I'm posting 13 weeks.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, and we'll do our best to get them up on the blog the week they are taken :-)



How far along?: 13 weeks
Baby's size: Baby is the size of a peach
Total weight gain/loss: I was down a few pounds throughout the weeks, but now I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight
Stretch marks?: None yet, thankfully
Sleep?: I think my biggest complaint would be how stuffed up my nose gets.  I feel like I'm constantly tossing and turning to be able to breathe.  I've gotten completely used to getting up 3-5 times a night to go to the bathroom
Maternity clothes?: I got tons of them for Christmas, but I haven't needed any yet.
Best moment this week: Got to spend lots of time with our families over Christmas Break
Worst Moment: Being sick on Christmas Eve when we got home.  It changed the whole flow of the day for me
Symptoms: I still am a little nauseous and extremely tired some days, but the throwing up has subsided (knock on wood).  I haven't thrown up since Christmas Eve
Cravings?: Right now, food is not my friend.  I'm lucky if I can force food down, so no cravings yet
Miss Anything?: Soda!  Finding something caffeine free but not full of sugar is terribly hard.  I've settled on fizzy water for my "soda" fix
Movement: None, but I can't wait for that day!!
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Certain smells aren't very fun.  We had a breakfast with the KJF last weekend and I was in charge of making 120 eggs.  I had to turn away quite often because the smell was overtaking me
Gender: We won't know until January 25th at the elective gender scan where they may hopefully figure it out.  It's absolutely killing me!
What is baby up to?: From What to Expect When You're Expecting: "What's up with your baby? Well, besides being as large as a peach now, that big old noggin of theirs is now about half the size of their crown-to-rump length (that’s one reason why your little peach looks more like an alien from outer space at this point). By the time you give birth, their body will catch up, measuring three-quarters of their total size. What else is going on in there? Tiny bones are beginning to form in their arms and legs, the intestines are beginning to move from the umbilical cord to the abdomen, and the vocal cords are well under construction (the first step toward saying, "I love you, Mommy!"). And because they can move her arms and legs in a jerky fashion, they may be able to get her thumb into their mouth (a habit that may come in handy for self-soothing when they're a newborn)."

No comments:

Post a Comment