Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

One Word

If you asked someone that knows me to describe me in one word, I am sure the words would vary, but most of them would be positive words.  Maybe words like stubborn from my husband, but most would say compassionate, caring, giving, loving, etc.
 
One you would probably have a .0000001% chance of hearing the word "terrible."  While it could be considered rare, it was used on me last night.  I was called terrible by someone who I bought outfits for her unborn daughter, bought her gifts for her baby shower, got a necklace for her engraved with her daughter's name and birthstone on it, and even sent money when she couldn't afford to eat when in the hospital with her daughter... all when never having met this person in real life.  Ironic huh?!? 
 
But the point of this post isn't to cut down others.  Instead, I will pray for her and hope that someday she'll grow up and realize that she took many things for granted.  I can pray that this verse helps her, since it's been replaying in my head today:
 
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
-Psalm 119:36
 
One of the most frustrating things are when people let you down.  But during this whole process, I have realized who my true friends are.  When a random person who doesn't even knows you past a computer attacks you, it's amazing how many friends stand up for you, whether you've talked recently or not.
 
So today, I ask you to help me pray for this young lady and also to share in my thankfulness of these friends, who obviously have my back!
 
I love all of you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you Malerie.
    You are an amazing person, kind hearted and loving.
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete