Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Crafty- Teacher Toolbox

Over the summer, my friend Ashlee made an awesome organizer for school supplies that is a teacher's dream.  I'm not the most crafty, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but every.single.day I get happy when I look at my organizer on my desk and I'm proud of myself :-)
 
Ashlee gave me a link to a site that had awesome templates to print and cut out.  You can find that here.... just kidding about that one.  I seriously have looked for 45 minutes and can't find the site I used.  If I ever come across it again, I promise I'll post it
 
So I sent Jason to Lowes in search of a 22 opening toolbox, and he found the perfect one.  It's blue and has just a little shimmer to it, so that was the icing on the cake.  I spend a July evening perfecting it while Jason was at poker.  This is what I started with:
 
The steps are pretty self explanatory.  Cut, decide where you want to put each of the items and then tape.  Double-sided tape would have been golden, but I only had regular tape so I taped them from the inside.  Optional Kitty Helper is recommended!
 
Here is the final product after many, many re-straightening and taping labels:
 
Chase is so proud of his work that he protected it all night!


If you're a teacher, I would highly recommend making one of these!  It keeps all the supplies that I would ever need in one place and I don't have to go rooting through drawers to find what I want.  Plus, my students think I'm crazy for putting that much time into something, when it really didn't take long at all (other than my OCD straightening of course).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment