Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

38 Weeks

How far along?: 38 Weeks
Baby's size: Bennett is up to the size of a pumpkin
Total weight gain/loss: About 35
Stretch marks?: TERRIBLE and ridiculously itchy!!
Sleep?: Trying to get as much as I can before B comes, but I get really hot
Maternity clothes?: Yes
Best moment this week: Getting so close now!!  We absolutely cannot wait to meet him!!
Worst Moment: I thought I may be leaking fluid, so I called the OB and they sent me in to the hospital to get checked (Thursday 6/26) but after a few hours of being in there and lots of yucky tests, they sent me home
Symptoms: Congestion, not easy to move around (or accept the help), and lots and lots of swelling in my face!
Cravings?: I will be having a Diet Dr. Pepper and a Turkey Sandwich (possibly a pretzel sandwich) as soon as he is here... mark my words ;-)
Miss Anything?: Not having to huff and puff to get around.  Even being able to get up off the couch will be nice when he comes!
Movement: I am definitely going to miss these movements!  I love watching them!
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Nothing in particular!
Gender: B-O-Y!!!
What is baby up to?: From What to Expect When You're Expecting: "Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world)."

No comments:

Post a Comment