Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Kills for Kadence


A few weeks ago, my cousin Alivia approached me wondering if I thought it would be a good idea to host a Kills for Kadence Doubles Volleyball tournament this summer.  My answer was that of course I thought it would be a good idea, and that I'd help however she needed me to.  After passing around the information and hoping for no rain today, the tournament was a success and over $200 was raised to donate to Kadence!!

 What hit me the most was that none of the people involved have even met Kadence!  They were only told that a little girl and her family were struggling, and that's all it took to get them out there!  Look at these dedicated players, they even made shirts!!



I was reminded today of the generosity of others!  With everything negative happening in the news this weekend, it's easy to remember the bad things and the hatred that some people have.  This group of people was the exact opposite and proved to me that even at this young of an age, they can make a difference!!  I am extremely proud of Alivia for putting the tournament together, but also for all of the participants, because they helped a family in need, with no questions asked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment