Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top 5 Pictures- Drew

I have been lucky in life to grow up with an "older brother" since my Mom and my Aunt Lee Lee spent so much time together growing up.  We went from sharing bagels (okay, he stole mine from what I have seen in quite a few home videos) and singing along to Beatles songs to wearing matching ankle bracelets during our whole childhood.  Drew got married this past October and he and his wife Melissa are expecting their first child, so I thought it was perfect to write about Drew tonight!

 This is a picture from the hospital from what I believe was when my brother was born in April, 1989.  That necklace was, hands down, my favorite necklace ever!!

 This picture is time stamped, luckily!  It is from Christmas 2001 when I was in 8th grade at West York and Drew was in 9th grade at Red Lion.

 Here we are in front of Gammy's Christmas tree a few years later at Christmas.  The blonde hair is now gone (thankfully) and we had many takes before we got a non-laughing picture together.

I must love you Drew, if I am putting this one on here.  This was the morning of my wedding when I was getting my hair done, obviously.  Drew went shopping the day of (nothing like procrastinating, haha) for his wedding attire and came back while we were in the process of getting ready.

I was extremely lucky that Drew flew home to PA for my wedding so that he could sing in it, as promised.  Someday I'll figure out how to separate him singing in our wedding video so I can share it with everyone, but let me just tell you, it was AMAZING!!!  Drew always promised he would sing in my wedding, and he made good on that promise in June of 2011.

Drew moved away for college and never returned to live in PA because he found jobs elsewhere, but we miss him tremendously.  We love his new wife Melissa, and can't wait to meet their new bundle of job in a few months!!  I love you Drew Drew, and I can't wait to see you!!!

Friends may come and go, but family is forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment