Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Thanks-- Day 16

Today, Day 16, I am thankful for the people that I work with.  As I mentioned before, my students have been helping sort clothing during our homeroom time, but two awesome people in my building organized a clothing drive that EASILY helped over 50 families alone tonight.  As my kids spend lots and lots of time organizing, folding and boxing countless bags of clothing, I had a negative thought in the back of my mind that wondered if people would show up who needed the clothes... hoping that all the sorting wasn't for nothing.  Well it definitely wasn't!  The stream of people in and out of the cafeteria were endless and I'm not kidding when I say people took home MULTIPLE garbage bags full of clothes for their families.  Nothing could have made my happier!  I was also really grateful to see that teachers gave up their Friday evening to help with the event.  Even our Principal came and help, and even provided pizza, since we all worked over dinner.  I couldn't ask for a better group of co-workers!  So proud to be a Lion!!


No comments:

Post a Comment