Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thanks-- Part 13

Today, Day 13, I am thankful for my job.  If you haven't been updated lately, I was moved teams at school this year, and I am now on a learning support/co-teaching team.  While the thought of change terrified me (shocker, I know) I was ready for the challenge.  This year has brought out some new sides of me that I didn't know existed.  I have learned new amounts of patience, but I have also learned how I have SO many cool kids this year.

For example, my homeroom kids have given up every homeroom period for the last three weeks to help sort clothing for the clothing drive that my school is hosting this upcoming weekend.  The kids get nothing in return, but they have given countless hours up to help students who will benefit from the clothing drive, and they honestly get disappointed when we don't help sort if I have a meeting or something.

My job is definitely frustrating at times and it's not the most rewarding job by any means, but the students make it totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment