Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanks-- Part 7

Today, Day 7, I am thankful for my friend Marti.  I met her through the new teacher training at my job, and I must be honest that I was intimidated by her at first.  During the training, she was very bubbly and social and it seemed like everyone there knew her.  After a few days of training, our paths crossed, and we realized our lives had one thing in common, my cousin Jesse.  That was enough to break the ice.  My first two years of teaching, Marti taught at the high school, so I only got to see her at In Service days.  During the spring of our first year of teaching, we started our graduate program together.  After year two of teaching, she was moved down to my building, and I was pumped!  I was really excited to work with her, but then my team was switched.  The negative is that we don't work on the same team, but the positive is that I still get to see her.  She was the only person that I bonded with at my job in the first year that got an invite to my wedding.  She has been my rock during my graduate program, and we officially registered for our LAST CLASS today for our Masters.  There is no way I would have been able to do it without her, so today I am thankful for Marti!!

No comments:

Post a Comment