Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks-- Parts 1-6

I am very late to this game (5 days to be exact) but I want to play anyway!  My goal is to post one thing per day I am thankful for.  So forgive me as I post the first 6 days in one entry, I promise to try to be better at posting what I'm thankful for and not just saying it!!

Day 1 (November 1)- Today, Day 1, I am thankful for all of my friends and family.  Generic, I know, but I have to start out with everyone so I can get to more specific people and things later in the month! :-)

Day 2 (November 2)- Today, Day 2, I am thankful that my husband had found some great friends to play poker with.  He has been able to get together with some buddies at least once a week, sometimes more, and I think it's awesome that he gets along with so many people.  He is having poker here tomorrow night

Day 3 (November 3)- Today, Day 3 I am thankful for my sister.  Meghan has recently gotten a new apartment with her friend, Steph and tonight while Jason was having poker, I was able to run some errands with them and pick up some things for their apartment.  It reminds me of my first apartment and going through all the stages in life that she is now going through.  It was so awesome to be able to hang out with the two of them and laugh about everything and have a great time!  I always knew that sisters were special, but mine is amazing, and I love gaining an extra sister since Meghan has become so close with Steph!

Day 4 (November 4)- Today, Day 4, I am thankful for all of the families that I have that I babysit for.  Each and every one of them is so welcoming and they have amazing children.  Whether it's cuddling with a baby, playing hair salon and getting my hair done, or making Christmas lists with them, I have enjoyed watching so many of my kids grow up!  I love how excited they get when I come, and I wouldn't change that bond for anything in the world!!!

Day 5 (November 5)- Today, Day 5, I am thankful for impromptu family dinners.  My Dad is away for business this week, so Jason and I decided we should invite my Mom over for dinner tonight (a dinner I had no plan for).  Of course we decided we could just do spaghetti and invited Mom.  Then I had the idea to invite my brother Eric, my sister Meghan, and her roommate Steph.  So our dinner for 2 turned into dinner for 6, and the plan went from spaghetti to baked ziti.  I couldn't have enjoyed the company more, and I loved that everyone is comfortable enough in my house that we could all be in separate rooms, watching separate things on TV and still feel like we are together.  I love all of our conversations, and the surprise dinner turned out perfectly!

Today, Day 6, I am thankful for sarcasm.  Yes, I know that's a weird thing to be thankful for, but sarcasm makes my day go quicker.  I love that at the beginning of the year 90% of my 8th graders had no idea that I was being sarcastic, but they are quickly learning that I am sarcastic more often than not!

No comments:

Post a Comment